The goal of this course is to provide attendees with a good understanding of the technology of US. We will cover the theoretical, technical and practical formation of US.
In this course experts will present to attendees different applications of US in abdominal pathology that the clinicians encounter in their daily practice.
The course will focus on learning US physics, image acquisition, sonoanatomy, examination technique, US findings in normal and pathologic conditions of abdominal organs.
The hands-on training is the cornerstone of the program. During this one week session participants will be guided to perform bedside scans on volunteers or patients with normal or pathologic findings.
At the end of the program students will have
- To understand the US physics and technology
- To identify the sonographic pattern of different tissues
- To recognize and explain common US artefacts
- To describe US images using adequate terminology
- To select appropriate transducers, equipment settings and probe positions for identification of normal and pathologic organs
- To know sonoanatomy of abdominal organs
- To recognize the sonographic appearances of common abdominal pathology
- To understand peroperative and interventional echography
- To know the indications and limitations of US in ICU department
Combine the best
to learn, practice
and improve yourself
platform with interactive
and video sessions
Administrative Registration Fees
For the Year 2023-2024
- Registration: 243 €
Initial training: 800 € (residents ) / 1 100 € ( chief residents)
Continuing medical training : 1 800 € (individual payment) / 2 500 € (paid by employer )