The degree of control of the operator does make ultrasound more operator dependent than other forms of imaging.
At the end of this module, participants will be able to understand ultrasound technology:
- to select appropriate transducer, equipment settings, transducer position and orientation,
- to optimize the patient position and respiratiory maneuvers,
- to know the different planes useful for analysing the sonoanatomy of the abdominal organs,
- to understand the indications on the image on the screen
- to be familiar with the knobology.
BEST WAY TO DO US EXAMINATION
Now that the basic physics of ultrasound have been discussed you are ready for an important step: the best way to do an examination.
The examination procedure
This session will review the different scan and imaging techniques needed to perform an ultrasound examination including the transducer manipulations, positions of the transducer on the body, the different scanning pl
The objective of this lesson is to demonstrate real-time examinations with the technical difficulties encountered and to become familiar with the direct reading of the information on the s